2 Minute Warning - Last Minute Shopping For Men... And Their Kids!
Downtown Waterfront Shopping, Gift Wrapping and "5th Quarter" Fun
Gig Harbor, WA – December 3, 2014 - The Downtown Waterfront Alliance has a new game plan to help guys escape their last minute holiday shopping tendencies. On Saturday, December 20th, just 5 days before the arrival of Jolly Ol' St. Nick, men will be welcomed downtown by merchants during The 2 Minute Warning – Last Minute Shopping Event for Men… and their kids! Guys can bring the kids, leave Mom at home and complete all that holiday Christmas shopping that still needs to be done for Mom, Aunt Sue, Cousin Dave and the rest of the family - and have fun doing it!
Ladies can help their men get started in advance by filling out the Holiday Shopping Playbook card. These cards can be found in your Girls Night Out Goodie Bag, or at one of many of the downtown merchants. It's basically a holiday wish list ladies fill out and give to their men. The guys shop and easily find the gifts they need while bringing the kids and giving Mom the day off. Gift wrapping will be available for a donation by the Gig Harbor Relay for Life at SandCastle Toy Store until 6pm. Fun “5th Quarter” activities for the men and their kids will take place throughout the day to enjoy at their leisure or while waiting for gifts to be wrapped.
The following businesses will host 5th Quarter activities during the 2 Minute Warning:
· Score a touchdown at Java & Clay Cafe! Kids enjoy hand-painting a 12-oz. coffee mug (a perfect gift!) for only $12.00 each plus tax. If you're on-the-go, drop by for a cute pottery painting gift card Mom will LOVE!"
· Gig Harbor audio will be a Christmas music haven throughout the day! Stop in and enjoy holiday tunes on vinyl!
· Sharon's Spa and Re-sale Boutique will be having a Hot Chocolate and Cookie Bar…Different hot Chocolates and assorted treats…Spa Gift Certificates will be 15% off anything over $50.
· Visit Santa at SandCastle Toy Store from 11am - 4pm.
· Heritage Distilling will be offering samples, specials on bottles and gift ideas. Children are welcome at the distillery anytime. Their chalkboard wall, bubble gum machine, and other toys will keep everyone in your party entertained.
Finally, ladies are reminded to give guys their Girls Night Out “Come Back and Shop” coupons from their coupon book. The coupon book is filled with great holiday offers. For all the latest details, visit Candlelight Christmas on the Harbor – Gig Harbor on Facebook.