Chalk The Harbor Winners Announced
The Gig Harbor Downtown Waterfront Alliance is pleased to announce the winners of the 2018 Chalk the Harbor competition held on Saturday, July 21. Chalk the Harbor featured over 300 chalk artists of all ages. Our judges, Shannon Wiggs, Melissa Moeller, and Leann O’Neil, had a difficult task selecting the winners from all the wonderful and creative artwork throughout the downtown waterfront. Congratulations to the following artists who will receive a Certificate of Award for winning the category in which they competed:
· Under 3 years old – Rebecca Milsap, who drew “Fishy”
· 4-6 years old – Sophia Rivera-Alvarez – featuring a rainbow and butterfly
· 7-10 years old – Charlie Yando – “HMS Interceptor” (News Article Cover Image)
· 11–13 years old – Morgan Kelly – “Skansie Net Shed”
· High School – Lauren Luginbuehl – “Girls blowing a bubble”
· College – Mesa Rose Brewer – Fish from “Finding Nemo”
· Adult – Caryn Robertson – Mount Rainier with Whales Tail
· Family – The Sikes Family - A family effort in the truest sense chalking the “SS Sikes”
· Group – Taylor Dingman and Abby Gilman – “Koi-Maid”
· Maritime Theme – Amelia and Carrie Whitacre – “Fish Kiss”
|SS Sikes - Family
||Fish Kiss - Marine Theme
||Skansie Net Shed - 11-13 y.o.
Enjoy more images of this year's best from Chalk the Harbor on the Gig Harbor Downtown Waterfront Alliance Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/Gig-Harbor-Downtown-Waterfront-Alliance
Special thanks to Callie Travis, our face painter, for being a part of all the fun at Skansie Brothers Park. Also featured on downtown sidewalks was the work of three professional artists including Emma Barber, Kelly Lavelle, and Steven Stolz. Chalk the Harbor is presented by the Gig Harbor Downtown Waterfront Alliance with promotional chalk for the event sponsored by Peninsula Light Company.
The Gig Harbor Downtown Waterfront Alliance is a 501(c)3 organization dedicated to bringing together community and waterfront district stakeholders, encouraging economic vitality and preserving our historic character. The office is located at 3311 Harborview Drive, Suite 101. For information about the Alliance contact Mary DesMarais, Executive Director, at (253) 514-0071.