DONKEY CREEK RESTORATION & TRANSPORTATION IMPROVEMENTS PROJECT
May 15, 2013
TRAFFIC REVISION – LONG-TERM CLOSURE OF NORTH HARBORVIEW DR BETWEEN HARBORVIEW DR AND AUSTIN ST
· Austin Street has been re-opened for two-way traffic and North Harborview Drive is completely closed. Two-way vehicular traffic is re-routed to Austin Street.
· Due to the traffic configuration, the three-way stop control has been moved to the intersection with Austin Street.
· Pedestrians continue to use existing sidewalk on North Harborview Drive until the pedestrian ramps and wood railing along the Austin Street route are complete. Once completed, North Harborview Drive will be closed to the public and the pedestrian route will go around the park and along Austin Street.
· Pedestrian detour along Harborview Drive remains until new shared-use path is ready for use and a safe route is in place.
Work in Progress:
· North Harborview Drive - Clearing and grubbing in the vicinity of the new bridge location; removal of hardscape and manhole installation for sewer bypass along North Harborview Drive.
· Austin Street – wood railing along the back of sidewalk and temporary ramp for pedestrian crossing to existing sidewalk on North Harborview Drive.
· Peninsula Light will be on-site early next week to temporarily remove existing power lines that will allow unencumbered excavation and installation of bridge foundation/piles and deck.
· Donkey Creek Park Restrooms are scheduled for closure on Wed., May 22 and will remain closed until power is restored after the construction of the new bridge on North Harborview Drive. The nearest restrooms are located at the Finholm View Climb and Eddon Boat Park located on Harborview Drive.
· Public access to Donkey Creek Park will be maintained as long as it can be provided safely.
· Preparation for the temporary sewer bypass that will be in place while the bridge is constructed is scheduled to begin the week of May 27.
ACCESS TO ALL BUSINESSES and RESIDENCES WILL BE MAINTAINED AT ALL TIMES.
Primary project contact:
Jeff Olsen, Construction Supervisor
Emily Appleton, P.E., Project Manager/Sr. Engineer
Project updates will be posted on the Donkey Creek Restoration website at www.DonkeyCreekRestoration.com.
The City will circulate periodic updates by email. If you know someone that would be interested in receiving these email notices, please contact Maureen Whitaker, Asst. City Clerk at WhitakerM@cityofgigharbor.net.