Gig Harbor Street Scramble Returns May 27th
This family event will take place at Donkey Creek Park
Gig Harbor, Wash. March 21st, 2017 - The Gig Harbor Street Scramble returns to Gig Harbor on Saturday, May 27th beginning at 10am – at a new location for 2017, Donkey Creek Park. This free, family event marks the official kick-off for summer and outdoor fun in Gig Harbor. The Gig Harbor Street Scramble is the largest Street Scramble in North America and the only free Street Scramble in the greater Puget Sound region.
The event is FREE, but pre-registration is encouraged for the Street Scramble. The first 200 to pre-register receive a t-shirt. Registration will also be available at the event, but no t-shirt is guaranteed.
The Gig Harbor Street Scramble is a “treasure hunt” through-out the community directing participants to 30 locations on a map. Here is how it works:
• There are 30 check points circled on your map. Each check point has a description such as “sculpture” or “road bend”.
• Visit the check points in any order, on foot or bike. You cannot use a motorized vehicle in the event.
• To prove you were at the checkpoint, answer a question such as “What is the second word on the sculpture plaque”.
• Return to the finish line before your time is up.
• Enjoy refreshments, music, interactive booths and awards!
To register, pick up a registration brochure at the Tom Taylor Family YMCA, the Skansie Visitor & Interpretive Center at Skansie Brothers Park, at the Gig Harbor Visitor Information Center at the Chamber of Commerce located at 3125 Judson Street or online at www.ymcapkc.org/streetscramble. To learn more about what a Street Scramble is go to www.streetscramble.com.
The Gig Harbor Street Scramble is made possible by Peninsula Light Company, Olympic Property Group, Columbia Bank, and the Greater Gig Harbor Foundation. The Gig Harbor Street Scramble is presented by the Tom Taylor Family YMCA and the City of Gig Harbor. For more information contact Julie Richards, Tom Taylor YMCA at (253) 534-7870 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information about lodging for Street Scramble weekend visit www.gigharborguide.com.
Gig Harbor – Washington’s Maritime City.