Heritage Distilling Co. Repeats As Most Awarded Craft Distillery
Wins multiple "Best of Class" medals
GIG HARBOR, Wash. (April 6, 2016 – corrected April 7) - Heritage Distilling Company (HDC) was awarded 25 medals at the 2016 Craft Spirits Conference hosted by the American Distilling Institute (ADI). The total medal count HDC received was the most of any craft distillery in North America for 2016. This is the third consecutive year that HDC won more medals than any other craft distillery in North America at the ADI craft spirits judging.
"We are honored and humbled by our results at this year’s ADI blind judging for craft spirits," said Justin Stiefel, Co-Founder, CEO and Master Distiller at HDC. "We are especially proud given the rigorous standards employed by the ADI during the blind judging and the caliber of judges gathered from around the world to sample and rate the craft spirits submitted," he added.
HDC’s 25 medals spanned across eight separate categories, and included two "Best of Class" medals and six "Best of Category" medals. HDC won an award in every product category entered. The 25 awards listed by category, medal, and spirit include:
1. Best of Category – Flavored Whiskey – BSB Brown Sugar Bourbon
2. Gold Medal – Flavored Whiskey – BSB Brown Sugar Bourbon
3. Gold Medal – Flavored Whiskey – Batch No. 12 Brown Sugar Cinnamon Whiskey
4. Silver Medal – Bourbon – Dual Barrel Bourbon Whiskey
5. Silver Medal – Rye Whiskey - Time & Oak Finishing Series Rye
6. Bronze Medal – Rye Whiskey Aged less than 1 year – Distiller’s Reserve Rye Whiskey
7. Best of Class – Most Neutral Vodka - Elk Rider Wheat Vodka
8. Best of Category – Grain-to-Glass Corn Vodka – Batch No. 12 Vodka
9. Best of Category – Grain-to-Glass Wheat Vodka – Elk Rider Wheat Vodka
10. Gold Medal – Grain-to-Glass Wheat Vodka – Elk Rider Wheat Vodka
11. Silver Medal – Grain-to-Glass Corn Vodka – Batch No. 12 Vodka
12. Silver Medal – Grain-to-Glass Grape Vodka – Triple Distilled Vodka
13. Bronze Medal – Grain-to-Glass Corn Vodka – Elk Rider Corn Vodka
Flavored Vodkas (Category)
14. Silver Medal – Flavored Vodka – HDC Coconut Vodka
15. Silver Medal – Flavored Vodka – HDC Ginger Vodka
16. Bronze Medal – Flavored Vodka – Char Barrel Finished Vodka
17. Bronze Medal – Flavored Vodka – HDC Huckleberry Vodka
18. Best of Class – Gin - Elk Rider Gin
19. Best of Category – Barrel Aged Gin – Distiller’s Reserve Gin
20. Best of Category – Classic Grain-to-Glass Gin – Elk Rider Gin
21. Best of Category – Flavored Gin – Coconut Mango Flavored Gin
22. Gold Medal – Barrel Aged Gin – Reserve Gin
23. Gold Medal – Classic Grain-to-Glass Gin - Corn – Batch No. 12 Gin
24. Gold Medal – Flavored Gin – Coconut Mango Flavored Gin
25. Bronze Medal – Barrel-Aged Gin – Char Barrel Finished Soft Gin
"To earn five gold medals, including "Best of Category" medals for several products is a feat. We were particularly excited about our newest product BSB-Brown Sugar Bourbon winning Best Flavored Whiskey in North America, and our Elk Rider Vodka and Elk Rider Gin winning Best Vodka and Best Gin in North America, respectively", Stiefel noted. "Our very popular Batch No. 12 line took home three medals including gold medals for Batch No. 12 Gin and Brown Sugar Cinnamon Whiskey and Best of Category for the Batch No. 12 Vodka."
This year’s judging included a record number of craft spirits from among more than 1,000 craft distilleries across the U.S. and Canada. Judging was conducted in early February 2016 and was conducted in a blind fashion. This year’s Craft Spirits Conference, where the awards were announced, is being held in San Diego from April 4-7, 2016. The conference is host to almost 2,000 craft distillers, aspiring distillers, industry professionals and vendors.
About Heritage Distilling Company, Inc.
Heritage Distilling Company, Inc. (HDC) is one of the premier craft distilleries in the United States, making a variety of whiskeys, vodkas and gins from as many local ingredients as possible. HDC is one of the largest craft distilleries in the Pacific Northwest, producing nearly 25,000 proof gallons of spirits in 2015 alone.
HDC’s line of spirits include the Elk Rider series, the HDC series and more than 20 naturally flavored vodkas. HDC also produces the BATCH NO. 12 line of spirits. HDC’s products can be found in bars, restaurants and retailers across Washington, Oregon, Wyoming, Montana, Utah and North Carolina. Distribution is slated to start in New York and New Jersey spring 2016.
HDC currently operates in Washington State, home to more than 100 craft distilleries – the most of any state in the nation. HDC owns two distilleries in Gig Harbor, with tastings, tours and retail sales at both locations. New HDC location openings, product releases, and more information can be found at www.HeritageDistilling.com.
About the American Distilling Institute
Since 2003, ADI has been instrumental in the growth of the craft distilling industry. As a professional membership organization its publications, website and annual conferences bring about greater public awareness and appreciation of craft spirits. ADI operates two annual conferences each year, one in the US and one in Europe. It is the leading organization for small craft distilleries across North America, representing the interests of now more than 600 craft distilleries, with more being added weekly. More information about the ADI Spirits Judging, the Annual Conference or its offerings for members can be found at http://distilling.com/.