The Beatniks Return to Summer Sounds at Skansie July 19th
Public should plan ahead for road closure – Gig Harbor Trolley use and carpooling suggested
Gig Harbor, Wash. July 5th, 2016 – The City of Gig Harbor, along with sponsors Harbor Hill and CHI Franciscan, are proud to present The Beatniks as part of the fourteenth season of Summer Sounds at Skansie. The Beatniks will rock the harbor on Tuesday, July 19th from 6:30-8:00pm at Skansie Brothers Park, 3207 Harborview Drive, along the waterfront.
Harborview Drive from Pioneer to Rosedale will close at 4:00pm on Tuesday, July 19th. Traffic will be re-routed until approximately 9:30pm.
Concert attendees are reminded of the following:
- We ask that chairs be placed in the park after 7:00am on Tuesday July 19th– no ropes or ties are allowed around your chairs
- No umbrellas or canopies will be allowed
- Harborview Drive will close at 4:00 p.m. so plan ahead
- Gig Harbor Parks are non-smoking and no alcoholic beverages allowed
- Trolley scheduling and routing can be found at www.piercetransit.org/pt-trolley/
This event draws several thousand attendees and organizers ask the public allow plenty of time to get to the event, carpool, or ride the trolley. It is advised to leave pets at home. Restaurants will be on site taking orders and delivering food to the park. Attendees are encouraged to take advantage of this service and support our local businesses.
Learn more at www.gigharborguide.com Gig Harbor – Washington’s Maritime City.