Let us help you plan your stay!
Tours come in all shapes and sizes. No matter if your tour is big or small - Gig Harbor is perfect for an overnight destination.
Our unique position close to metropolitan centers - yet situated on a quiet, beautiful and historical peninsula - provides tour participants access to site-seeing, history, culture, dining, shopping and much more. All while enjoying first class, state of the art, locally-owned overnight lodging and facilities to serve their needs.
Imagine yourself in Gig Harbor. Contact us for a familiarization tour of Gig Harbor!
Opportunities Abound Itinerary
Or get crafty with hands-on art projects at anyone of several local businesses such as beading, pottery painting and quilting.
Day Two - Learn birding techniques at Wild Birds Unlimited.
Or take part in the performing arts in Gig Harbor including ensemble music, outdoor concerts, the Gig Harbor Film Festival, and more.
Day Three - Venture to Mount Rainier National Park or Olympic National Park or any other beautiful and natural locations within a day's drive of Gig Harbor.
Harbor WildWatch, our community partner who has inspired stewardship for Gig Harbor and the Puget Sound since 2004, has put together an Eco-Tourism resource page, chock full of area opportunities tailored to the Eco-tourist!
Eat Your Heart Out in Gig Harbor Itinerary
Gig Harbor and the greater Peninsula area have access to some of the freshest ingredients and most talented chefs - a treat for your taste buds!
- Visit Peace of the Earth Organic Farm for fresh and organic CSA food and occasional outdoor dining events.
- Bella Kitchen and Home offers a wide variety of cooking classes from beginning to gourmet.
- You'll find locally-grown produce and artisan goods at the Gig Harbor Farmers Market in two locations.
- Trillium Creek Winery and Olalla Vineyard & Winery are right in Gig Harbor's backyard.
- Creviston Valley Organic Farm make a great tour stop on the Key Peninsula.
- Minter Brook Oyster Company - known around the world for fresh and tasty Northwest oysters.
- Take a visit to Heritage Distilling Company, the only craft distillery in the country where you are directly involved in the making of your own ultra small-batch of distilled spirits.
Dine at one of our award winning restaurants!
History in the Harbor and Beyond Itinerary
Keep Gig Harbor as your home base and explore the region rich with history.
Day One - Harbor History Museum Learn the history of the Peninsula and Gig Harbor. Immerse yourself in hands-on boat restoration and "voluntourism" projects.
Get on the water with Destiny Harbor Tours on board an authentically restored U.S. Navy Boat.
Spend time at the Gig Harbor BoatShop - an authentic working boat yard and restoration facility.
Day Two - Experience living history at Fort Nisqually, Point Defiance Park
Gig Harbor Ala Carte Itinerary
Add some fun to your Gig Harbor visit - below are suggestions to add to your visit!
- Go gondola-ing and be serenaded under moonlight with Gig Harbor Gondola
- Rent a kayak or boat and explore the harbor with Lee's SUP
- Book a half day or full day trip with the Gig Harbor Fly Shop
- Drop by the Gig Harbor Sportsmans Club and test your archery and skeet-shooting skills.
- Sample a variety of Northwest and other regional wines at MORSO.
- Visit the world famous Tides Tavern on the water for fish and chips and a beer!
- Take a guided tour at low tide with a Harbor Wildwatch naturalist.