2012 PAVEMENT MAINTENANCE PROJECT
Anticipated Upcoming Project Schedule
For the week of August 7th – 10th the Contractor (Miles Resources) anticipates the following work to be completed, depending on weather.
- Chip seal of Borgen Boulevard (Harbor Hill Dr. to Peacock Hill Ave.)
- Chip seal of Peacock Hill Avenue (100th St to Borgen Blvd)
- Painting roadways on Skansie Ave from Hunt to 54th
This work will require significant lengths of lane closure but will be moving through the areas at a fairly rapid pace. Flaggers will be placed at key locations. Impacts to traffic and the resulting delays should be minimal.
Also, the Contractor will continue to adjust the utility accesses to the top of the new roadway surface along the following roadways:
- Burnham Drive (Harborview Dr to Borgen Blvd)
- Burnham Drive (Sehmel Dr to SR-302)
- Sehmel Drive (Burnham Dr to Bujacich Dr/City Limits)
This work will require lane closures and the use of flaggers in the immediate vicinity of the work. Impacts to traffic and the resulting delays should be minimal.
Previous Construction Progress
Last week the contractor completed fog sealing and paint striping along the following roadways:
- Skansie Avenue (Hunt St. to Bujacich Dr.)
- Sunnybrae Neighborhood (off Hunt St. east of Wollochet Dr.)
- Burnham Drive
- Peacock Hill (101st to N. Harborview)
- North Burnham Drive
- Sehmel Drive (Burnham Dr. to Bujacich Dr.)
If you would like to receive project email updates, please provide your contact information to Jami Chunn at ChunnJ@cityofgigharbor.net or (253) 853-7625 and indicate that you wish to receive email notices for the 2012 Pavement Maintenance Project. Also, please check the City’s website (www.cityofgigharbor.net) for routine project updates and notices.
Please contact Jeff Langhelm, Senior Engineer at LanghelmJ@cityofgigharbor.net or (253) 853��'7630.