Bring the kids to Trick or Treat in the Harbor on Halloween
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Gig Harbor, WA – October 24, 2017 – The Gig Harbor Downtown Waterfront Alliance proudly presents "Trick or Treat in the Harbor" from 3pm – 6pm on Halloween, Tuesday, October 31. To provide a safe area for trick or treating, Harborview Drive will be closed from 2:00pm – 6pm from Soundview Drive to Rosedale Street, and Pioneer Way will be closed from Harborview Drive to Tarabochia Street.
“Many of the downtown waterfront businesses, including Finholm, will be open and have candy available for trick or treaters,” according to Josh Sherwin, Special Projects Coordinator for the Alliance. “Their generosity towards our local community is something very special, especially when you consider they’ve been doing this for so many years.”
Numerous activities will be taking place in the area to go along with all the trick or treating:
- At the Skansie House, Harbor WildWatch will once again convert their home into a Mad Scientist’s Lab that will “spark” a child’s imagination.
- Nearby, kids will find Gig Harbor Fire and Medic One on Harborview for a close-up look and an opportunity to meet emergency responders!
- The Greater Gig Harbor Community Foundation will be offering a fun activity under the Pavilion in Skansie Park and will be taking donations for Community Harvest.
- Harbor Dance will be on hand in the late afternoon in front of Skansie Brothers Park to put on a
“spook-tacularly thrilling” dance number (4:30 and 5:00pm)
- The Gig Harbor Church of the Nazarene will offer their “Trunk or Treat and Carnival” event.
- Paradise Theatre will open their haunted house for the kids from 4pm – 6pm. Free admission and they promise, “no scares.” (located on Judson Street in the space previously occupied by Ace Hardware).
For more information, contact the Alliance at 253-514-0071 or at email@example.com.
The Gig Harbor Downtown Waterfront Alliance is a 501(c)(3) non-profit Washington corporation and Main Street™ community, implementing the National Main Street Center’s Four Point Main Street Approach™ in Gig Harbor. The mission of the GHDWA is to bring together community and waterfront district stakeholders, encourage economic vitality and preserve historic character.