City of Gig Harbor Solicits Pier Name Suggestions
Gig Harbor, Wash. – December 12, 2011 – The City of Gig Harbor is soliciting input for the naming of the new pier to be located at 3303 Harborview Drive. The public is invited to provide suggestions for the official name of the pier.
Per the city’s park naming policy, the following criteria should be considered:
- Neighborhood or geographical identification
- Natural or geological features
- Historic or cultural significance
- The articulated preference of residents of the neighborhood surrounding the public facility
- Facilities may be named for a living persons provided they have made a significant contribution of land or money and the donor stipulates naming of the facility as a condition of the donation or when the individual has made an unusually outstanding public service contribution.
Written comments should be submitted to the City of Gig Harbor by 4:00p.m. Thursday December 29th to: City of Gig Harbor, Attn: Terri Reed, City of Gig Harbor, 3510 Grandview Street, Gig Harbor, WA 98335 or email to email@example.com. Questions may be directed to Terri Reed by email or call (253) 851-6170.
The Gig Harbor Parks Commission will be reviewing all suggestions and taking public input at their January 4th meeting at 5:30p.m.
Contact the City of Gig Harbor at (253) 851-8136 or www.cityofgigharbor.net
# # #