DONKEY CREEK RESTORATION & TRANSPORTATION IMPROVEMENTS PROJECT
Work in Progress:
· Pavement Grinding – Thursday, August 22 until ~ noon. Traffic impacts – flaggers with single lane traffic through site, expect delays.
· Work on the remaining utility connections near the bridge continues (sewer and storm).
· The contractor has been working on Saturdays to ensure that the project remains within the updated schedule.
· Rockeries on the estuary edges are nearing completion.
· Bridge railing installation is on-going.
· Stream channel excavation and cobble placement under the bridge will be the focus in the next few days. Because of the limited height that will be available under the bridge once the remaining sewer pipe is installed on its hanger, the contractor will work to finish the stream channel excavation and cobble placement under the bridge BEFORE installing the remaining sewer pipe on its hanger.
· Estuary/stream channel excavation outside the limits of the bridge is also on-going, although at a slower rate. Once the area under the bridge is completed, the contractor will continue with the rest of the excavation.
· Phase 2 estuary/channel excavation is on-going with the majority of the hauling scheduled for Mondays when the museum is closed to the public.
· Temporary Stream Diversion – planning to install the fish screens late next week in preparation for the stream diversion a week or so later.
· Installation of curb and gutter on North Harborview and Harborview Drive. This work needs to be complete before final paving.
· Roadway Paving – currently scheduled for Mon-Wed, Sept 9 – 11. Schedule is weather dependent. This will have significant traffic impacts, likely full roadway closure with a detour. The team is developing the plan for this work – more details to come in future updates.
TRAFFIC REVISION REMAINS IN PLACE. PLEASE be alert when driving through the construction area, and take special care to stop for pedestrians crossing in designated areas. Temporary closure of North Harborview Dr. for bridge construction (between Harborview Drive and Austin Street) – ongoing.
PEDESTRIAN ROUTE: Detour remains in place
DONKEY CREEK PARK RESTROOMS: Restrooms remain closed
Restrooms remain closed until power is restored after the construction of the new bridge on North Harborview Drive. The nearest restrooms are located at the Finholm View Climb and Eddon Boat Park located on Harborview Drive.
ACCESS TO ALL BUSINESSES and RESIDENCES WILL BE MAINTAINED AT ALL TIMES.
Project updates will be posted on the Donkey Creek Restoration website at www.DonkeyCreekRestoration.com.
The City will circulate periodic updates by email. If you know someone that would be interested in receiving these email notices, please contact Maureen Whitaker, Asst. City Clerk at WhitakerM@cityofgigharbor.net.