DONKEY CREEK RESTORATION & TRANSPORTATION IMPROVEMENTS PROJECT
· Soldier pile wall gutters are installed.
· Bridge girder delivery, pick and set was completed Monday, July 15. This was a major project milestone.
· Estuary excavation (Phase 1) is substantially complete.
Work in Progress:
· Welding tie plates and grouting the keyways is underway to connect the bridge girders together.
· Concrete formwork and rebar installation continues at the bridge wing walls and diaphragms, with the concrete pour currently scheduled for next week.
· Grading of the pedestrian pathway under the bridge.
· Installation of the anchored logs in the vicinity of the bridge.
· Rock wall installation within the estuary portion of the project.
· Demo and curb preparation work for the remainder of the Harborview frontage improvements (Schedule C) and North Harborview improvements.
· Pipe hanger and pipe installation under the bridge is scheduled to occur late next week.
· Phase 2 of the estuary excavation (final stream channel excavation and aggregate placement) will begin after the walls, bridge girders, diaphragms, pipe hangers, and exposed pipes are in place.
· The team has started planning for the sewer outfall cut-over from the temporary bypass to the final configuration. This work is tentatively scheduled for 3-4 weeks out. Further updates will occur in future reports.
Traffic: REVISION REMAINS IN PLACE
TEMPORARY CLOSURE OF NORTH HARBORVIEW DR for BRIDGE CONSTRUCTION (between Harborview Drive and Austin Street)
· Austin Street has been re-opened for temporary two-way traffic. North Harborview Drive continues to be closed to the public until the new bridge is ready for vehicles and pedestrians - currently scheduled in early September. Two-way vehicular traffic is re-routed to Austin Street and the three-way stop control has been moved to the intersection with Austin Street.
Pedestrian Route: DETOUR REMAINS IN PLACE
· North Harborview Drive continues to be completely closed to the public and the pedestrian route has shifted around the park and along Austin Street.
· Pedestrian detour along a portion Harborview Drive continues to be in place until the rest of the new shared-use path is constructed.
Donkey Creek Park Restrooms: RESTROOMS REMAIN CLOSED
Restrooms remain closed until power is restored after the construction of the new bridge on North Harborview Drive. The nearest restrooms are located at the Finholm View Climb and Eddon Boat Park located on Harborview Drive.
ACCESS TO ALL BUSINESSES and RESIDENCES WILL BE MAINTAINED AT ALL TIMES.
Project updates will be posted on the Donkey Creek Restoration website at www.DonkeyCreekRestoration.com.
The City will circulate periodic updates by email. If you know someone that would be interested in receiving these email notices, please contact Maureen Whitaker, Asst. City Clerk at WhitakerM@cityofgigharbor.net.