DONKEY CREEK RESTORATION & TRANSPORTATION IMPROVEMENTS PROJECT
· Soldier pile wall – pile driving continues.
· Concrete forms at Pier 2 and Bridge Abutment Wing Walls.
· Rebar installation at Pier 2 and Bridge Abutment Wing Walls.
· Concrete pour for pile cap footings at Piers 1 and 2 scheduled for Fri. (June 21).
· The initial estuary excavation will be concurrent with the installation of the soldier pile wall lagging. This work is scheduled for next week (starting as early as June 24).
· Form installation, rebar placement and pouring concrete at the Bridge Abutment Wing Walls are scheduled to be completed by June 28.
Traffic: REVISION REMAINS IN PLACE
TEMPORARY CLOSURE OF NORTH HARBORVIEW DR for BRIDGE CONSTRUCTION (between Harborview Drive and Austin Street)
· Austin Street has been re-opened for temporary two-way traffic. North Harborview Drive continues to be closed to the public for approximately 3 months. Two-way vehicular traffic is re-routed to Austin Street and the three-way stop control has been moved to the intersection with Austin Street.
Pedestrian Route: DETOUR REMAINS IN PLACE
· North Harborview Drive continues to be completely closed to the public and the pedestrian route has shifted around the park and along Austin Street.
· Pedestrian detour along a portion Harborview Drive continues to be in place until the rest of the new shared-use path is constructed.
Donkey Creek Park Restrooms: RESTROOMS REMAIN CLOSED
Restrooms remain closed until power is restored after the construction of the new bridge on North Harborview Drive. The nearest restrooms are located at the Finholm View Climb and Eddon Boat Park located on Harborview Drive. A temporary sani-can is located at the entrance of Austin Estuary Park for the remainder of June.
ACCESS TO ALL BUSINESSES and RESIDENCES WILL BE MAINTAINED AT ALL TIMES.
Project updates will be posted on the Donkey Creek Restoration website at www.DonkeyCreekRestoration.com.
The City will circulate periodic updates by email. If you know someone that would be interested in receiving these email notices, please contact Maureen Whitaker, Asst. City Clerk at WhitakerM@cityofgigharbor.net.