DONKEY CREEK RESTORATION & TRANSPORTATION IMPROVEMENTS PROJECT
Traffic: REVISION REMAINS IN PLACE
TEMPORARY CLOSURE OF NORTH HARBORVIEW DR for BRIDGE CONSTRUCTION (between Harborview Drive and Austin Street)
· Austin Street has been re-opened for temporary two-way traffic. North Harborview Drive is closed to the public for approximately 3 months. Two-way vehicular traffic is re-routed to Austin Street and the three-way stop control has been moved to the intersection with Austin Street.
Pedestrian Route: DETOUR REMAINS IN PLACE
· North Harborview Drive has been completely closed to the public and the pedestrian route has shifted around the park and along Austin Street.
· Pedestrian detour along a portion Harborview Drive will be in place until the rest of the new shared-use path is constructed.
Work in Progress:
· Piles driving continues for the soldier pile (bridge) walls.
· Estuary excavation work is scheduled to be on-going. Once the pile driving is complete, the estuary excavation will continue.
· Bridge pile cap footings – fine grade, install forms, place rebar and pour concrete (scheduled for next week).
· Bridge abutment wing walls – install forms, place rebar and pour concrete (scheduled for the following week).
Donkey Creek Park Restrooms: RESTROOMS REMAIN CLOSED
The restrooms remain closed until power is restored after the construction of the new bridge on North Harborview Drive. The nearest restrooms are located at the Finholm View Climb and Eddon Boat Park located on Harborview Drive. A temporary sani-can is also located at Austin Estuary Park for the remainder of June.
ACCESS TO ALL BUSINESSES and RESIDENCES WILL BE MAINTAINED AT ALL TIMES.
Project updates will be posted on the Donkey Creek Restoration website at www.DonkeyCreekRestoration.com.
The City will circulate periodic updates by email. If you know someone that would be interested in receiving these email notices, please contact Maureen Whitaker, Asst. City Clerk at WhitakerM@cityofgigharbor.net.