DONKEY CREEK RESTORATION & TRANSPORTATION IMPROVEMENTS PROJECT
June 5, 2013
Traffic: REVISION REMAINS IN PLACE
TEMPORARY CLOSURE OF NORTH HARBORVIEW DR for BRIDGE CONSTRUCTION (between Harborview Drive and Austin Street)
· Austin Street has been re-opened for temporary two-way traffic. North Harborview Drive is closed to the public for approximately 3 months. Two-way vehicular traffic is re-routed to Austin Street and the three-way stop control has been moved to the intersection with Austin Street.
Pedestrian Route: DETOUR REMAINS IN PLACE
· North Harborview Drive has been completely closed to the public and the pedestrian route has shifted around the park and along Austin Street.
· Pedestrian detour along a portion Harborview Drive will be in place until the rest of the new shared-use path is constructed.
Work in Progress:
· Pile Driving (for both the bridge and walls) begins on Fri., June 7th, and is scheduled to take approximately 2 weeks, starting as early as 7:00 a.m. The work is weather dependent and the duration will depend on whether or not there are obstructions that need to be removed as the piles are installed.
· Estuary excavation is scheduled to continue as the piles are being installed until space constraints make it impossible.
· Once the bridge foundation piles are finished, the rebar cages will be installed and concrete will be poured at the pile caps.
· Construction of the bridge wing walls are tentatively scheduled the week of June17th.
Donkey Creek Park Restrooms: The restrooms remain closed until power is restored after the construction of the new bridge on North Harborview Drive. The nearest restrooms are located at the Finholm View Climb and Eddon Boat Park located on Harborview Drive. A temporary sani-can is also located at Austin Estuary Park for the remainder of June.
ACCESS TO ALL BUSINESSES and RESIDENCES WILL BE MAINTAINED AT ALL TIMES.
Project updates will be posted on the Donkey Creek Restoration website at www.DonkeyCreekRestoration.com.