DONKEY CREEK RESTORATION & TRANSPORTATION IMPROVEMENTS PROJECT
Work in Progress:
- Installation of temporary striping and signage along Austin and Harborview is scheduled for Thursday and Friday (May 9-10).
- Preparation work for walls along Harborview and sidewalks along Austin and Harborview continues. Concrete pour scheduled Thursday (May 9) for walls and Monday-Tuesday (May 13-14) for sidewalks, weather dependent.
- The pedestrian detour remains in place along Harborview Drive until the new sidewalks are ready for use.
- Paving along Harborview Drive, originally scheduled to occur Wednesday (May 8), has been rescheduled for this Friday (May 10) due to equipment issues that slowed work progress.
- Once the temporary striping and signing, sidewalks and railings are installed along Austin Street, the contractor will completely close North Harborview Drive and redirect vehicles and pedestrians around Donkey Creek Park and along Austin Street. This is tentatively scheduled for May 15 and is dependent on work that is weather sensitive.
- Installation of the gravity block walls along Austin and Harborview is also scheduled for next week.
- Late next week and into the following week, the contractor plans to remove the hardscape along North Harborview Drive (after it is closed) and start preparation for the temporary sewer bypass that will be in place while the bridge is constructed.
ACCESS TO ALL BUSINESSES and RESIDENCES WILL BE MAINTAINED AT ALL TIMES.
Primary project contact: