Gig Harbor Garden Tour Celebrates 14th Anniversary
February 22, 2011, Gig Harbor Wash; As the Gig Harbor Garden Tour celebrates its 14th year, many changes are a foot in an effort to keep the event fresh and fantastic for visitors.
Mark your calendars now for the tour, June 25 & 26 in Gig Harbor. This year seven private gardens and one public community ‘pea patch’ garden will be featured on the tour. “New” this year;
- New Website now on line with all Gig Harbor Garden Tour information! www.gigharborgardentour.com
- Garden Party & Auction Friday June 24th at the Gig Harbor Jim and Carol Milgard Family Hope Center
- Dr. Linda Chalker Scott “Informed Gardener” author and Master Gardener and Director of Horticulture at the University of Washington, will speak at a free (for ticket holders) breakfast event at Gig Harbor MultiCare Medical Pavilion, Saturday morning, 8AM, June 25th
- Adirondack Chair auction, now in its third year, has a new twist, with all 8 chairs being designed by local high school art students
- Tickets go on sale on-line, April 1st. For the first time, when you purchase your ticket you will receive via mail the program. You no longer will need to check in to pick up your program the morning of the tour.
- Tickets will now be sold at a variety of local nurseries and retailers for immediate pick up May 15th. See the entire list on the website at www.gigharborgardentour.com
For information about special overnight Garden Tour packages at Gig Harbor area accommodation, visit www.gigharborguide.com . Gig Harbor – Washington’s Maritime Village.