GIG HARBOR PADDLER’S CUP RETURNS BIGGER AND BETTER
Gig Harbor, Wash. –April 2013, Gig Harbor Wash – Beautiful Gig Harbor will be the location for the second annual Gig Harbor Paddlers Cup and Expo April 20 & 21st, 2013.
The Gig Harbor Paddlers Cup will be based at Skansie Brothers Park and Jerisich Dock in the heart of historic downtown Gig Harbor with event races taking place inside the harbor for competitive paddler, kayaks, canoes, stand up paddle boards and outriggers. See the schedule of events for the two day event as well as the course layout at www.gigharborpaddlerscup.com
The course includes an inner-harbor distance race 10k (2500m laps x 4 laps) and a 5k for beginners and novices as well as 200 meters and 100 meters sprint races.
Additional fun activities throughout the weekend include;
- The new addition of Outrigger races brings a fun new aspect. Competitors from the Pacific Northwest Outrigger Racing Canoe Association will be in attendance bringing their 6 man canoes. The PNW-ORCA has 20 clubs around Washington and Oregon. Organizers expect to have several clubs represented in Gig Harbor during the weekend. Outrigger races are scheduled for Sunday April 21st.
- Ship to Shore will be show casing the Folbot, the newest innovation in personal kayaks. Come see how easily the Folbot can be assembled. www.folbot.com
- Dolan Board Sport will be giving spectators the opportunity to experience a Paddle Board Sprint! http://vimeo.com/57559247
- Harbor WildWatch will be giving a demo on “Beach Etiquette.” http://www.harborwildwatch.org/resources/beach-etiquette/
- Lee’s SUP will have a yoga instructor that will be doing a yoga demo on a SUP.
The event begins on Saturday April 20th with registration opening at 7am, National Anthem at 9:30am and the first race at 10am. See the full schedule for the two day event at www.gigharborpaddlerscup.com
Registration is now available for both competitors and vendors on line at www.gigharborpaddlerscup.com
Special rates are available at Gig Harbor area hotels for participants. Rooms are limited so booking early is encouraged. http://gigharborpaddlerscup.com/lodging/
For additional information about the Gig Harbor Paddlers Cup please contact the Gig Harbor Canoe & Kayak Club Event Coordinator Ashley Vander Poel (605) 951-7531 or email@example.com.
Major sponsors of the Gig Harbor Paddler’s Cup and Expo are The Harbor Plastic Surgery Center, Java & Clay Café, Gig Harbor Fly Shop, Rick K. Ouhl, DDS, Tides Tavern, Peninsula Subaru, Ship to Shore, Gig Harbor Rent-a-Boat, The Inn at Gig Harbor, The City of Gig Harbor, South Sound Sports Commission and the Gig Harbor Canoe and Kayak Club.
Gig Harbor – Washington’s Maritime Village. www.gigharborguide.com