Gig Harbor Snow and Ice Removal Procedures
What Can You Do to Help?
- Be patient, snow removal takes time.
- Drive safely and have appropriate tires on your vehicle.
- Do not drive until you have properly cleared windows of obstructions and replaced worn windshield wipers.
- Park your car off the street whenever you can. This is important for snow removal operations.
- Property owners are responsible for clearing their own driveways.
- Winterize your vehicle and plan ahead.
- Don't drive unless you have to.
It is the duty of every person having charge or control of any premises located within the city to remove or cause to be removed from the public walks along the side or in front of said premises all snow or ice which may have formed or been deposited therein within 24 hours after the same has fallen or been formed, and shall also cause such snow or ice to be removed from the gutter in front of such walk for a sufficient width to allow the water to run freely therein. (GHMC 12.04.050 Snow and Ice Removal, Ord. 18 § 5, 1949).