Kids will love the Short Stack/KidsFest!
Here are the details of this fun event for the kids!
* Films are shown from 1pm- 3pm on Sunday, Oct. 21.
* Tickets for each child are $6 each. For that low price, a child can receive a "short stack" of pancakes at the GreenHouse Restaurant across the parking lot from the Galaxy Theater.
* Then, the kids can head on over to the theatre to watch 2 hours of quality films that are just right for the young ones. With each ticket purchased, the child gets to bring along 1 adult for free!
* Now, there won't be any pancakes for the adults, but there will be complimentary coffee and a croissant. Then the adult can accompany the child to watch the movies, for free!
It is important to note, that seating at the GreenHouse is limited for this event, so it will be necessary to make a reservation for the short stacks of pancakes when purchasing your ticket. This registration is made at the Gig Harbor Film Festival office! Times for reservations are 11 - 1130am, 1135-1205pm, 1210-1240pm and are on a first come, first served basis.
Here is a list of the films being shown at Kidsfest, as approved by the Kids First! organization:
Mashed; Jayezeh (A Reward); Test Subject B; Play Lunch; One Shoe Blues; Squeaky Business; Philadelphia Chickens; The Listener; Animated Pink Panther Films
The Gig Harbor Film Festival KidsFest has partnered with Kids First! Now in its tenth year, Kids First! is a project of the Coalition for Quality Children's Media, a national, 17-year-old nonprofit (501-c-3) organization that is a voluntary collaboration between the media industry, educators, and child advocacy organizations. The mission of the Coalition is:
* to teach children to become critical media users, and
* to increase the visibility and availability of quality children's media.
Kids First! Film Festival is a showcase for children's films, TV shows, and DVDs from major studios and independent filmmakers. The Kids First! festival is a traveling, year-round festival that partners with more than 120 venues nationwide who host more than 10,000 screenings of Kids First! films to an audience of more than one million!
For more information, contact the Gig Harbor Film Festival office at 253-851-FILM.