Summer Sounds at Skansie Returns to Gig Harbor
Gig Harbor, Wash. February 20th, 2014 - The City of Gig Harbor has announced the line up for Summer Sounds at Skansie 2014. The extremely popular free outdoor concert series will begin on June 24th and run on consecutive Tuesdays until August 19th. All concerts start at 6:30pm and are held on the waterfront in Skansie Brothers Park, in downtown Gig Harbor. The event is rain or shine and concerts are free. Once again the concerts are sponsored by St. Anthony Hospital and CenturyLink.
· June 24th Stephanie Anne Johnson as seen on The Voice! www.sajmusic.com
· July 1st 133rd ARMY Band Patriotic tunes http://washingtonarmyguard.org/133armyband/
· July 8th Off The Hook a mix of old school funk, R&B and classic soul www.othband.com
· July 15th Ranger & the ‘Re-Arrangers’ gypsy jazz www.rangerswings.com
· July 22nd Beatniks Gig Harbor’s favorite rock and dance beat www.thebeatniks.com
· July 29th Chris Anderson jazz standards, to Motown, to traditional Pop www.chrisandersonmusic.com
· August 5th Blue Rocket Music country and rockabilly www.lukasmusic.wix.com/bluerocketmusic
· August 12th Stick Shift Annie with Kimball & the Fugitives red hot blues, jazz, swing and rock www.stickshiftannie.com
· August 19th Funaddicts fun dance tunes www.funaddictsband.com
Returning in 2014 is the popular restaurant delivery service to the park by Gig Harbor’s favorite downtown eateries. Concert goers are encouraged to ride the Gig Harbor Trolley and to bring chairs or blankets. Chairs set up in advance are at owners risk and management’s discretion. No roping off chairs is allowed. No tents, canopies or umbrellas will be allowed. All Gig Harbor parks are smoke free.
Learn more about Gig Harbor at www.gigharborguide.com.