THE GIG HARBOR FILM FESTIVAL WANTS YOU!
Gig Harbor, WA – June 17, 2013 – If you’re looking for a great way to volunteer your time, why not consider being a volunteer for the Gig Harbor Film Festival? While the festival doesn’t arrive until October, volunteers are needed now to help market and promote the event at local activities throughout the summer and fall, and to assist with operations during the festival itself.
Volunteer opportunities are available in the following areas:
· Marketing the festival – hand out promotional materials at local events through summer and fall, deliver posters around town
· Theatre Operations – Customer service, crowd control, theatre control, greet and assist filmgoers, taking tickets, handing out/collecting ballots
· Theatre Box Office – Ticket sales and transactions before and during the festival, phone work, sell merchandise, computer savvy
· Filmmaker Transportation – Drive filmmakers around town during the festival, run errands, hospitality
Volunteering for the Gig Harbor Film Festival can be rewarding in many ways, including:
· Meeting independent filmmakers and hearing about their love of filmmaking
· It’s fun! You will meet many other volunteers who share a passion for the art of film
· Complimentary access to film screenings during the festival based on volunteer participation
· Simple, easy to use online volunteer activity sign up process allows you to plan your volunteer activities in advance
If you would like to become a Gig Harbor Film Festival Volunteer please call the festival office at 253-851-3456(FILM) or visit us Mon – Fri, 10am – 5pm, located next door to the Galaxy Theater Uptown.