The Gig Harbor Wine and Food Festival will showcase 35+ plus wineries and breweries as well as the culinary talents of Celebrity Chef Kevin Gillespie
Gig Harbor, Washington (July 2011); The second annual Gig Harbor Wine & Food Festival presented by the Harbor History Museum and the Gig Harbor Historic Waterfront Association, will feature the culinary talents of Kevin Gillespie, Executive Chef and Partner at Woodfire Grill in Atlanta. Gillespie was recently a contestant and Fan Favorite on Bravo’s “Top Chef”.
Only a few hundred tickets remain for this event, which sold out in 2010. All inclusive tickets can be purchased on line http://www.harborwineandfoodfest.com/2010/04/tickets/ for $75 per person. Ticket includes entry, wine tasting, food, classes, cooking demonstrations, celebrity cook off, cookbook signings and the most beautiful view in the State of Washington. More than 35 wineries from Washington, Oregon and California will be represented.
Classes for this year’s event are innovative and educational and will include;
- Sparkling Wine for Everyday Diana Becks of The Wine Studio, Gig Harbor
- Hidden Gems (wines under $15) Diana Becks of The Wine Studio, Gig Harbor
- Wine and Cheese Pairings (red and whites) Kris Blondin of STINK, Tacoma
- The Effect of Vintage on Pinot Shiela Nicholas, Anam Cara Cellars, Oregon
- Wine Cocktails – Way Beyond Belini Steve Lynn and Emily Hewitson, Morso, Gig Harbor
- Component Tasting – How Your Senses Help You Describe Wine Steve Lynn and Emily Hewitson, Morso, Gig Harbor
- Wine Jeopardy Steve Lynn, Morso, Gig Harbor
- Cheese, Chocolate and Beer 7 Seas Brewing and JW Restaurant, Gig Harbor
The festival will take place on the grounds of the new Harbor History Museum (4121 Harborview Drive, Gig Harbor) in historic downtown Gig Harbor, where the Grand Tasting tent will showcase 35+ wineries and 20 + select fine restaurants and food purveyors. Shuttle service will be available from Gig Harbor High School, 5101 Rosedale Street NW, Gig Harbor.
This is a 21+ event and identification will be required upon entry. Wine sales will be available on site at the festival.